+ City, State:
São Paulo, Brazil
+ Ten favourite bands/musicians
1. Death Cab for Cutie
2. The Beatles
3. The Strokes
5. Arctic Monkeys
7. Franz Ferdinand
8. Belle & Sebastian
10. The Shins
+ Ten favourite movies
1. The Science of Sleep
2. Lost in Translation
3. The Virgin Suicides
4. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
5. The Royal Tenenbaums
6. Donnie Darko
7. A Clockwork Orange
8. Fight Club
9. Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain
10. The Truman Show
+ Five favourite books, and why
1. Harry Potter series, by J.K. Rowling: well, I first started reading the series when I was, like, 12 years-old. I almost feel as I'm part of the story, somehow. Definitely my favorite, I can re-read the whole series anytime, lol! :P
2. The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath: I'd say it's not an easy read in that there is so much sadness, but it is also an amazing experience. I have yet to read a better book on the crushing effects of schizophrenia/depression in everyday normal life.
3. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee: An amazing book, beautifully written, with complex characters that I will never forget. It has such a natural flow to it that it's hard to put down.
4. Blindness, by Jose Saramago: The author explores the society when one of its five human senses is taken away, it's simply wonderful, no wonder Samarago won the Nobel prize for it. One of the most influential books I have ever read.
5. Neverwhere, by Neil Gaiman: Ok, so, basically Neil Gaiman should be my husband and I tend to like anything written by him (even before actually reading it). BUT! Neverwhere really is one of my favorite books, I really like it how it's dark and so richly detailed, and also wonderfully funny.
+ Favourite drink:
I have to come clean and confess Starbucks pwns my life. With that said, my favorite drink is: a Grande, Cinnamon Dolce Latte, Soy Milk, OR, Iced Chai Latte. YUM!
+ Favourite food:
my mommy's food! LOL! I can never get enough rice and black beans and grilled chicken breasts.
+ Why do you think you're uncool?:
I have always been uncool and I've always liked being like this; I was the one who spent gym class reading. I was the one my so-called friends came to whenever we had a test coming up. I'm *always* making references that nobody gets. Basically, I don't really "fit" in because I refuse to change who I am just so I can be cool. People may say I'm weird but I say I'm special, lol!
+ Any pet peeves?:
Having to explain the same thing over and over and over again.
+ Motto or personal quote?:
I'm okay with being unimpressive. I sleep better.
+ What four words best describe you?:
geekgirl - books - nintendo ds - headphones
+ What is your biggest fear, and why?:
I'm always buying new books (I can't help myself!), I'm afraid I'll end up buying so many (books) that I won't have enough time to read them all.
+ What are your hobbies?:
I love going alone to the movies, spending most of my evenings reading at the local bookstore, playing Animal Crossing (DS) and listening music on my iPod (which, btw, has a name: Conrado).
+ If you could be another person for a day, who would it be, and why?:
I've never really thought about that.. I think it should be fun being Alton Brown b/c he's just pure awesomeness both as a person and in the kitchen. Oh.. what it must be like to be inside his head, right :D
+ Views on . . .:
abortion:: Pro-choice. I live in a country where abortion is illegal and I think that's so much
religion:: Agnostic. Basically, it's not that I don't believe in God at all as much as I'm not entirely sure God is what every religion paint Him to be.
politics:: IF I lived in America, I'd say I was a Democratic. Seeing as I'm not in the US, I'm... not really into politics, and the whole political system here in Brazil is different (I really think it's simpler here though), basically, we watch our candidates' debates and campaigns on tv for a period of three months and we go and vote. Finito.
drugs:: Ehh.. not my idea of having a good time, really.
+ Is there another issue that you feel strongly about?
Briefly elaborate on the issue and your stance: Oh boy. I can't think of anything at the moment =s
+ What is your most prized possession?:
my CDs (mainly the ones bought abroad) and my books <3 oh oh and my threadless, they're all so much win! XD
+ Proudest moment?:
Getting into college without having to go through all the required tests (here, each university has its own tests, eew) simply b/c I had really good grades in HS, yey! (it rarely happens, srsly)
+ Most embarrassing moment?:
When one of my american cousins heard me speaking English (I have this thing with my accent, so I never speak English with my american relatives, lala)
+ Goals for the future?:
Graduate in 4 years, go backpacking throughout Europe after getting my diploma. Oh, and after that, I *WILL* get a job at my favorite bookstore *_*
+ If you had $5.00, how would you spend it?:
i'd buy a ticket to watch Control :)
+ What is your guilty pleasure?:
Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around...Comes Around".
+ Tell us a joke.:
I suck at telling jokes... but there's this one I heard on "The Pursuit of Happyness" that made me laugh really hard in the movie theather:
" 1. Knock knock
2. Who's there?
2. Nobody who?
2. Nobody who??"
ROFL! OMG! I remember laughing so hard and thinking "OMG PWNED!". Ohmy. I found it amusing...for some reason.
+ Would you give your life for something or someone? If so, who or what would it be, and why?:
Well, this is a rather sensitive subject for me seeing as my dad gave his life for my brother, mom and myself (long story short: there was an attempt of kidnapping us [brother, mom, me] and my dad went out to rescue us and got shot), but ok. I think I would only give my life for my brother or my mom. Otherwise, not really. :P
+ How did you find the_uncool_club?:
LJ search for "zelda", I ended up in some kid's lj and spotted this shiny community.
photo 1 & 2? :)