+ Name: Casey Evertove Palmer. Doomsdayblaze. Pimpchimp. Doomz.
+ Age: XX.
+ City, State: Mississauga, ON, Canada
+ Ten favourite bands/musicians
1. Raphael Saadiq - excellent singer and musician
2. Tears for Fears - ...I just think they're heavenly melodic
3. OutKast - been following them since Southernplayalisticadillacmusik
4. Notorious B.I.G. - more for Ready to Die than his Puffy-laden Life After Death
5. Musiq Soulchild - just love the stuff he makes song-wise
6. 2Pac - his head was in the right place, his life just wasn't.
7. Blackstar - Talib Kweli and Mos Def are some of the most excellent lyricists on the face of the Earth.
8. Marvin Gaye - No freakin' contest.
9. Isaac Hayes - That's sexy music right there.
10. Boyz II Men - Because any 90's kid who didn't listen to Boyz II Men 'round these parts was just WEIRD.
+ Ten favourite movies
1. The Shawshank Redemption - classic, in my eyes
2. Memento - I loved the concept
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack Skellington is the man
4. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story - Bruce Lee should be an inspiration to all
5. X - As should Malcolm X. And Spike Lee.
6. The Usual Suspects - I'm sorry. The shock ending was CRAZY.
7. The Matrix - with sucky sequels, it makes the first one seem THAT much better.
8. Ninja Scroll - the only anime I've seen and really liked.
9. Batman - Tim Burton's. Classic CLASSIC movie with supreme excellence over all superhero movies.
10. The Lion King - one of the most quotable animated movies EVER.
+ Five favourite books, and why
1. A Hip-Hop Story by Heru Ptah - I thought he conveyed the shallow backstabbing world of rap music quite well.
2. Egotrip's Big Book of Racism - There's so much about racism that is never touched upon in the world. I enjoy knowing more about Black culture.
3. Bart's Guide to Life - Hilarity and randomness ensue.
4. Roots by Alex Haley - a well-written book that is a staple in Black literature collections.
5. Autobiography of Malcolm X - did I mention he's one of my heroes? Well I did now.
+ Favourite drink:
Ginger Ale or Iced Tea. Or just plain water. I drink a lot in the course of a day.
+ Favourite food:
Hm. Spice bun and cheese? Jamaican beef patties? Oranges? Whatever my mama cooks? Yup.
+ Why do you think you're uncool?:
Because I've been told so? Well... cool in the uncool way. Like... the way that girls would LOVE to be friends with you, but not get you in bed until they're like 30? Yeah... cool in the husband-material type. Cool in the "anything you can do I can do better" sense. Which makes me uncool. Dig?
+ Any pet peeves?:
Chewing anything with your mouth open. Annoying people. Falsified personalities. Parents who don't keep their kids in line. People who are too full of themselves. Censorship.
+ Motto or personal quote?:
"Carpe Diem". Now, the question is how well do I ENFORCE it upon myself.
+ What four words best describe you?:
Funny. Bohemian (somewhat). Exploratory. Personable.
+ What is your biggest fear, and why?:
Failure. To think all that I've done in life was all for naught. That would really REALLY suck.
+ What are your hobbies?:
Drawing, video-gaming, programming my site, thinking about potential lifemates, eating, ranting about life.
+ If you could be another person for a day, who would it be, and why?:
Myself after getting through all the strife and struggle in my life. That'd be cool. Chilling on the beach with the honeys. I can see it now.
+ Views on . . .
abortion: The right of anyone who wants to undertake it. Fuck, I'd probably ask the girl to do it if I wasn't ready.
religion: Once again, the right of the individual if they want it. Personally, I see it as a force used to subjugate the masses, but as long as you don't try to force it on me, you can do what you want. I live on my spirituality and morals - not what someone else tells me I should believe.
politics: Necessary, but our systems in North America could use a lot of work. They're too focused on efficiency and economy rather than more important things like... MAKING SURE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL?
drugs: Take them if it makes you happy. I'll personally never touch the stuff.
+ Is there another issue that you feel strongly about?
Briefly elaborate on the issue and your stance:
Ignorance. I believe that too many people in the world live by the phrase "Ignorance is bliss". We need to educate ourselves outside of what is supplied to us in our educational systems and rise up for our rights!
+ What is your most prized possession?:
Currently? Myself. I own myself and my thoughts and no one can take that away from me.
If you're talking about that material stuff... I guess I'd say my art supplies. Drawing relieves the stress of my so-called life.
+ Proudest moment?:
Getting over my depressive teenage years. When I rebuild myself and get a life, I'll be even PROUDER.
+ Most embarrassing moment?:
Having to walk home in a blizzard in grade three after someone stole my clothes from the changeroom. Well, that's the first one that comes to mind, anyway. I don't have much shame, so it's slightly tough to embarass me.
+ Goals for the future?:
To educate the masses about the true history and meaning of hip-hop culture.
To rebuild my fragmented family.
To leave a mark on this land we call Earth.
To get laid. Seriously.
+ If you had $5.00, how would you spend it?:
Five dollars? Go to Chapters and buy a magazine. Unless I was starving. Then it would be food. Then again... if I needed clean clothes, then the laundromat. You know what - you need to be more context-specific. I veto the obligation to answer this question!
+ What is your guilty pleasure?:
Porn? That or "Tears for Fears". I mean, coming from a Black family who thinks they're the epitome of "ghettoness"... it has its complications listening to 80's Brit Pop.
+ Tell us a joke.:
So two sausages are frying in a pan.
One turns to the other and says "Is it just me or is it hot in here?"
The other replies, "OH MY GOD! A TALKING SAUSAGE!!!"
+ Would you give your life for something or someone? If so, who or what would it be, and why?:
My family, by default. It just seems like the right thing to do from a "Hi-I've-been-conditioned-by-a-First-Wor
+ How did you find the_uncool_club?:
Through cabsy. She said I'd be PERFECT for this place.